Digital Equity Planner - Massachusetts Technology Collaborative, Westborough, MA
The Massachusetts Broadband Institute (MBI) is seeking a dynamic individual to support the expansion of MBI’s digital equity and inclusion initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual seeking to gain hands on experience in digital equity planning, program implementation, stakeholder engagement, and program evaluation. The ideal candidate will have 2 – 3 years of experience in urban planning, community development, or other related fields; have an expressed interest in the digital equity field, and demonstrate an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Support the design and implementation of a robust stakeholder engagement effort as part of a Statewide Digital Equity Planning process – including event design/execution/documentation, key stakeholder interviews, surveying, and other in-person and online activities.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of case studies, national best practices, and other resources to support MBI’s efforts to deploy digital equity initiatives.
- Support the operation of MBI’s digital equity initiatives, including the development of program tracking systems, contracting and procurement processes, and other needed internal documentation.
- Work collaboratively with consultants and partners to produce accessible communications and civic engagement materials. Support coordinated messaging and management of MBI’s website, listserv, etc.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the fields of municipal/regional planning, public administration, government, or nonprofit (Community Based Organizations, Community Development Corporations, Etc.)
- Active knowledge and experience of Massachusetts communities and the desire to become immersed in issues related to digital access and equity.
- Experience supporting data analysis, report writing, and visual communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and problem-solve.
- Proficiency with business tools (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent), social media, website management tools, and online networking tools a plus.
- Beneficial if the candidate has a Masters Degree or equivalent experience in public policy, information science, communications, urban planning, or related field.
** COVID-19 vaccination status is required for employment.**
** PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES CANDIDATES TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN WESTBOROUGH, MASSACHUSETTS. THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME REMOTE POSITION. **
FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION OR TO APPLY ONLINE, CLICK HERE.
MassTech operates on a hybrid work schedule
Competitive benefits package
Salary Range: $65 - $75K