Television Engineers - City of Los Angeles, CA
- Television Engineer performs difficult technical engineering work in the design, installation, maintenance, and repair of television video and audio components and systems; provides technical direction in the planning, construction, maintenance, and operation of television and audio components and systems; assists with the selection and purchase of video and audio equipment in accordance with City purchasing procedures; responsible for the procurement of maintenance supplies and parts; provides training and technical assistance on the proper use of video and audio equipment; and does related work.
- REQUIREMENT(S)/MINIMUM QUALIFICATION(S)
- Five years of full-time paid engineering experience in a broadcast-quality production facility, including experience working with test equipment, field equipment, linear and non-linear editing equipment, remote control camera systems, computer graphics and fiber optics; or
- Three years of full-time paid engineering experience in a broadcast-quality production facility, including experience working with test equipment, field equipment, linear and non-linear editing equipment, remote control camera systems, computer graphics and fiber optics; and
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units from an accredited college or university with successful completion of at least 12 semester or 18 quarter units in electrical engineering or a closely related field.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in electrical engineering or a closely related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Applicants who lack six months or less of the required experience may file for this examination. However, they cannot be appointed until the full experience requirement is met.
- For the education units noted in Requirement #3, you must list the school name, location, dates of attendance, number of units and degree earned (if any) in the Education Section of the on-line application. You must also provide the individual course titles for the 12 semester or 18 quarter units required in electrical engineering or a closely related field, including the school name, location, dates completed, and number of units for each course (semester or quarter) in the Supplemental Questions section of the on-line application at the time of filing.
- Applicants wishing to substitute education for one year of the required experience must list their school name and location, type of degree earned and major in the Education Section of the application.
- Please note that qualifying education must be from a college or university accredited by a City of Los Angeles recognized agency. A list of approved agencies can be found at https://per.lacity.org/Accredited%20Institutions%2008-21-08.pdf (Download PDF reader).
- Candidates completing the examination process will be contacted by the Personnel Department to provide required proof of qualifying degree and/or coursework. Applicants who wish to expedite this process may attach a copy of their transcripts or qualifying degree to their on-line application at the time of filing in the Attachments section.
- Some positions may require a valid California driver's license. Candidates may not be eligible for appointment to these positions if their record within the last 36 months reflects three or more moving violations and/or at-fault accidents, or a conviction of a major moving violation (such as DUI).
WHERE TO APPLY & APPLICATION DEADLINEApplications will only be accepted on-line. When you are viewing the on-line job bulletin of your choice, simply scroll to the top of the page and select the “Apply” icon. On-line job bulletins are also available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacity.
- This examination is based on a validation study.
- As a covered entity under the Fair Employment and Housing Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. To request a disability accommodation, please complete the Disability Accommodation Form within 14 calendar days of the submittal of the City application. The Disability Accommodation Form can be obtained at http://per.lacity.org/exams/verify_disability.pdf (Download PDF reader).
- Applications are accepted subject to review to ensure that the minimum qualifications are met. Candidates may be disqualified at any time if it is determined that they do not possess the minimum qualifications stated on this bulletin.
- A final average score of 70% or higher is required to be placed on the eligible list.
- If in accordance with the Rule of Three Whole Scores all candidates are eligible for appointment consideration, the examination will consist entirely of an evaluation of the candidates’ City employment applications by Personnel Department staff to ensure minimum qualifications have been met.
- In accordance with Civil Service Rule, Sec. 4.24, review periods may be combined. Candidates in the examination process may file protests as provided in Sec. 4.20, 4.22 and 4.23 as applicable and within the required time frame; however, the Personnel Department may respond to and resolve protests prior to the establishment of the eligible list.
- For candidates seeking initial City employment, in accordance with Los Angeles City Ordinance 187134, information regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements as conditions of employment may be found at: https://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/2021/21-0921_ord_187134_8-24-21.pdf (Download PDF reader).
FOR A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR TO APPLY ONLINE, CLICK HERE
- City of Los Angeles
- 700 East Temple Street, Room 100
Los Angeles, California, 90012