Government Programming Awards
GPA Entrant Area
The Government Programming Awards (GPAs) are annual awards that recognize excellence in broadcast, cable, multimedia and electronic programming produced by local government agencies. Categories cover a variety of programming including, among others, community events, documentary, public affairs and public service, interview/talk show, performing arts, sports, election coverage and children’ s issues. Celebrating over 25 years of programming excellence, the GPA’s celebrate the achievements of government programmers across the nation.
The 2014 GPA entry period is open! All entries must be submitted online with an electronic link to your entry. No DVD or paper entries will be accepted. Entries must be made by April 23, 2014.
April 23, 2014 — Entry Deadline and Payment Due Date May 15 - June 26, 2014— Judging Period
- July 24, 2014 — Finalists Notified
- October 2, 2014 — NATOA Awards Banquet in St. Paul, MN
New and Notable in 2014
- Electronic Submissions Only! All entries must be entered online. To enter, complete the online entry form and include a link to an online video of your entry (YouTube or Vimeo links only). No DVD submissions will be accepted. Judges will receive a digital copy of your entry form and a link to your entry.
- Additional printed materials are no longer required for Use of Social Media and Website categories.
- Categories #30 - 32 - Documentary – Social Issues and Documentary – Profile categories have been combined.
- Category #60 - Craft Category – Lighting
When Are The GPAs Held?
Where Do I Get the “Call For Entries Brochure” for the Awards Program?Download the 2014 GPA Call for Entries here
How Do I Submit An Entry?You will simply need to create a profile and submit your entry. Payment for entries must be received by April 23, 2014.
When Will I Be Notified That I’ve Won?
Finalists will be notified in July, so that they can make plans to attend the Government Programming Awards Gala held in conjunction with NATOA’s Annual Conference.
What Do I Need to Know to Participate?
I. Eligibility Requirements
Budget Worksheet (pdf)
II. Video Release
III. Entry Fees
IV. Entry Checklist
V. Payment Information
VI. Judging Criteria
Past Award Recipients
2013 NATOA GPA Winners and Honorable Mentions
2010 NATOA GPA Winners and Honorable Mentions
2009 NATOA GPA Winners and Honorable Mentions
2008 NATOA GPA Winners and Honorable Mentions
2007 NATOA GPA Winners and Honorable Mentions