Creative Marketing Coordinator - Tightrope Media Systems
Creative Marketing Coordinator
Minneapolis, MN or Remote
Do you live for crafting the perfect email subject line, tweet, or Instagram caption? Are you the go-to event planner in your work or social circle? Do you design t-shirts for fun or make TikToks that 🔥? If any of this has you thinking “it’s me!”, then you could be the creative, organized, and driven junior brand ambassador we want for our marketing team!
Founded in 1997 and based in Minneapolis, MN, Tightrope Media Systems’ Cablecast team helps cities, schools, and community media organizations get locally produced video content to viewers on cable TV, websites, and streaming apps. Our product development is fueled by our passion to ensure that local media organizations can thrive in a rapidly expanding content delivery environment. Released in 2018, our Cablecast streaming apps have become the HU-Flix of hyperlocal content, making it simple and affordable for local stations across the U.S. to reach viewers on the fastest growing platforms.
The cross platform video delivery needs of our core market are now ubiquitous across a broad range of industries, and we’ve been able to leverage what we’ve built over the last 25 years to support a wide range of new customers. This means we’re not only profitable, we’re growing!
Our unique company culture is friendly, flexible, and fun. We are a remote-first team with low turnover that values self-starters, communal input, healthy work/life balance, and positive attitudes in the face of a challenge. If this sounds like you, you'd probably make an excellent addition to our team!
- 1-2 years experience in graphic design, copywriting, event planning, or social media/email marketing (professional employment, area of study, internship, or volunteer work).
- With templates at your disposal and direction from the Marketing Manager, you can generate a full range of creative assets from digital graphics and videos to marketing copy to promotional items like t-shirts and tote bags.
- You thrive with template-based workflows but also enjoy projects that allow creative freedom.
- You are familiar with or excited about becoming familiar with the booming field of cross-platform video distribution.
- You have good time management skills for balancing concurrent projects and meeting deadlines.
- You love to create work that is strategically memorable in a crowded space.
- You are detail and process-oriented; you are able to organize and navigate a large body of digital assets.
- You are impeccable at maintaining a standard project cadence (e.g. three tweets a day, eNews on the first Tuesday of the month).
- You are comfortable in a cross-departmental collaborative environment.
- Your communication style is suited for a flexible, remote work environment that involves staying in touch amid changing schedules and time zones.
About the Role:
- You will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
- Within one month, you will be expected to complete recurring template-based projects independently.
- You will get as much support as you need at the beginning, but our ideal candidate will strive to complete tasks independently and be confident in the team goals, product details, customer needs, and brand voice within six months.
- Looking further into the future, as you demonstrate deeper product and core market competence, your supervisor will look for ways to ensure your continued professional growth.
- Location: You can work out of the main office in Minneapolis, MN; you can be 100% Remote; or a network of co-working options are available for candidates in other select cities (inquire).
- This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, monthly phone & internet stipend, flexible work schedule, unlimited paid time off, and more.
- Salary range is $53K-60K depending on experience.
Assist Marketing Manager with tasks including, but not limited to:
- Digital assets, print assets and video creation
- Composing or tweaking marketing copy
- Live and virtual event coordination
- Data entry
- Email marketing
- Other tasks based on your individual interests and skills
We love candidates who are familiar with:
- Any of these industries: higher education, municipal sector, corporate communication solutions, broadcast/television/cable, audio-visual (AV) technology, community media, nonprofit media, public access TV
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- PPC ads and keywords research
- Website content management systems (Webflow preferred)
- B2B marketing
- Content marketing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing & animation
How to Apply:
Your application should include these items and be submitted via Bamboo HR no later than Friday, June 3, 5pm EST.
- Cover letter