Senior Video Engineer - City of Irving, TX
Duties include executing a variety of tasks related to the setup, maintenance, and repair of audio and visual equipment; designing and installing system networks for new equipment and the ICTN facility; conducting periodic audio / visual equipment maintenance such as cleaning, adjustment and inspection; maintaining studio, master control and other control rooms, and three edit stations; providing technical support for remote and studio productions; troubleshooting and ensuring repairs of mechanical and electrical equipment problems; performing installation and maintenance on production trucks; and training staff and interns on the operation of production equipment. Equivalent to an Associate degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field of study and four years of experience in video production. Must have or be able to obtain a valid state issued driver’s license. A résumé must be submitted with application.
PAY GRADE GG20 / FULL PAY RANGE $27.21 - $38.35 PER HOUR
FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION OR TO APPLY ONLINE, CLICK HERE
Full Job Description: The full job description for this position and all other City of Irving job classifications are available online. Click here to access the list of job titles.
Culture: The Communications Department collects and distributes timely information to a variety of interested parties across a number of platforms. The department serves external stakeholders, including residents, media, other governmental bodies, businesses and interested opinion leaders. It also communicates to internal stakeholders, such as city employees, boards and commissions, the mayor and the City Council.
A variety of tools are employed to inform and educate audiences:
- Printed materials
- The city website
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- The television production department, Irving Community Television Network (ICTN)
Additionally, a number of town hall and neighborhood association roundtables meetings are held annually where residents meet face-to-face with city leaders.
The Communications Department consists of six areas:
Web Content and Social Networking
NEW! HIRING INCENTIVE!
- Individuals hired into this position will receive $500 after their first 30 days of employment provided there are no documented attendance or disciplinary issues.
- Employees that successfully complete their 6-month orientation period will receive an additional one-time payment of $500 provided there are no documented attendance or disciplinary issues.
- Employees that successfully complete one year of employment without
documented attendance or disciplinary issues will receive an additional one-time payment of $500.
- The maximum amount of hiring incentive that an individual employee may receive is $1,500.