Deputy Director, ESVA 911 Communications Center - Accomac, VA
The Eastern Shore of VA 9-1-1 Commission is seeking an experienced professional to serve as the Deputy Director of the ESVA 9-1-1 Communications Center. This newly created position will be responsible for assisting the Director in planning, managing, organizing, staffing, and directing the operations of the Center, as well as, coordinating assigned activities with other agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Deputy 9-1-1 Director will report to the 9-1-1 Director and supervise the 9-1-1 Supervisors positions. These positions, as a team, will administer the daily operations and activities of the 9-1-1 Center.
- Supervises employees, performing related human resources functions and completing necessary paperwork.
- Assists in directing financial operations of the 9-1-1 Commission including development and monitoring of budget.
- Assists in overseeing all functions necessary to implement the 9-1-1 Commission’s Emergency Communications Operation.
- Coordinates the implementation of a new radio system for the Center.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures which ensure compliance with county, state, and federal rules/regulations.
- Keeps abreast of technology necessary to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Assists in overseeing the training programs of the Center.
- Coordinates and facilitates the repair and maintenance of the Fire-EMS radio system, Computer-Aided Dispatch, Call Handling Equipment, IT network, and telecommunications systems.
- Assists as liaison for the 9-1-1 Commission on state, regional and local boards, committees and other bodies as required.
- Assists in communicating decisions and other information related to radio system operation to 9-1-1 Commissioners, county officials, and vendors as necessary.
- Assists in administering the career development program, handling exit interviews and employee awards/recognition programs.
- Assists in administering the 9-1-1 Commission’s recruitment, hiring and retention process.
- Assists with information requests related to communications tapes, records, computerized documentation and assists in handling requests under FOIA.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations as needed.
- Performs related/other work as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits
The anticipated hiring salary range is $57,000-$62,000 depending on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be offered a full benefits package including participation in the Virginia Retirement System, health insurance coverage, Deferred Compensation, Flexible Spending (Health), paid time off, professional development support and other benefits as identified and approved by the ESVA 9-1-1 Commission.
An initial review of candidates is expected to begin on November 5, 2021. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled, however, timely submission will ensure the most advantageous review. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eastern Shore of Virginia 9-1-1 Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For complete job description, click here.