IT Director – City of Ft Smith, AR
Situated on the banks of the Arkansas River, the City of Fort Smith spans over 65 square miles and is the third-largest populated city in Arkansas. According to the 2020 U.S. Census, Fort Smith is a city of almost 90,000 people within a metropolitan area of over 250,000.
The Information Technology (IT) Director reports directly to the City Administrator and is responsible for management strategies to maintain the accessibility, functionality, and security of all computer resources. The IT Director is also responsible for the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) unit as well as project management and training support for technology-based projects undertaken by the various City departments. The Director serves as the liaison between internal and external users of information technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science,Mathematics, GIS, Engineering, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of verifiable educationand experience
- At least 12 years of experience in an Information Technology leadership role
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, GIS, Engineering, or a related field
- 15 or more years of experience in an Information Technology leadership role
- Seven years or more of supervisory experience
- Information Technology experience in the public sector
- Residence within a 30-minute drive to IT offices to limit response time for after-hours calls for service
The annual salary range for this position is $92,955.20 to $139,422.40 depending on qualifications and experience.
For complete job description or to apply, Click Here
For more information
Gary Holland, Senior Vice President, SGR