Are you a creative storyteller and content creator who appreciates the value and importance of effective local government communications? Do you also have the technical skills to create and deliver videos and other digital content? Do you have hands-on experience with live television production and equipment (preferably in a government environment)? Then you might be a great candidate for the City of Des Plaines Media Specialist position.
The ideal candidate will bring a blend of both technical and creative skills. The Media Specialist is expected to bring fresh ideas, drive efficiency and innovation, and meet the City’s standards for quality and excellence.
Starting Salary $66,720 - $78,396 Dependent on Qualifications
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the PEG channels
- Operate audio and video equipment and ensure proper technical operation
- Create, coordinate, and produce videos and other digital content
We need someone with:
- 3 years of experience in video/media production
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Production, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in videography, video editing and graphic design software
Why Des Plaines?
- Our community is vibrant, diverse and at the center of commerce and transportation
- Our organization is mission-driven, values-based, financially stable and professionally managed
- We offer a generous benefits package, IMRF pension, post-retirement health savings plan & deferred compensation plans