Know Before You Go
Everything you need to make #NATOA22 a success
We cannot wait to welcome everyone to Denver next week! Below you will find an array of conference and local information to assist in planning for your trip. Please review prior to your arrival.
1550 Court Place, Denver, CO 80202
Denver Intl Airport (DEN)
Taxi: ~$60 each way
Uber/Lyft: ~$35—45 each way
RTD Bus Service: Free in August. See here for more info.
Conference Registration is open 3:00 - 5:30 PM on Monday and beginning at 8:00 AM Tuesday - Thursday. Registration will be located in the Convention Lobby of the I.M. Pei Tower Building. The Tower Building is across from the main Hotel/Lobby check-in, there is a skyway bridge connecting the two buildings.
Things to look for in 2022:
- First time attendees networking hour on Monday, 8/29 at 5:15 PM. Join NATOA Board and Staff for a drink and a fast-paced, information packed speed networking hour where you will meet some new people and learn all you need to know to survive and thrive at NATOA.(open to first time conference attendees only)
- All-day Storytelling workshop featuring award-winning Joe Little on Thursday, 9/1 (included in full-day and Thursday conference registrations)
- Tuesday's Exhibit Hall Opening Reception sponsored by Cablecast by Tightrope Media Systems allows you to mingle, meet with exhibitors and get a hands on demo of the innovative technology available to you
- Exhibitor Passport: Visit and have your passport stamped by all exhibitors for a chance to win some terrific giveaways. Passports must be turned in to the Registration Desk by noon on Wednesday.
- New for 2022: Social Media BINGO -- join your NATOA colleagues in NATOA's BINGO challenge utilizing social media to share your experiences -- and win some great prizes while you're at it
- Wednesday's Lucky Strike Denver event featuring a dedicated VIP area, bowling, billiards, delicious bites and more sponsored by CCUA and Kissinger & Fellman, PC
- Programmer's Tour of the Denver Media Center on Monday & Tuesday. The build out for this new state of the art facility was completed in March 2021. Limited opportunities available, Reserve your spot here. (must sign-up in advance and have a ticket)
- GPA Awards Dinner on Thursday evening celebrating some of the best in the biz
Annual Business Meeting - Monday, 4:00 PM
Voting Members, be sure to check in and attend the meeting
Voting Credentials Issued - 3:30 PM
Networking Dinners - Monday, 6:30 PM
NATOA is organizing Networking Dinners on Monday, August 29th. This is an opportunity for you to join a group of your NATOA colleagues for dinner to discuss a particular topic of interest. Attendees are responsible for their own food costs. Dinner location and additional details will be sent via email on Friday, August 26th. Sign up for your preferred topic here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084daeab2aa6fb6-natoa22
Government Programming Awards - Thursday, 6:00 PM
This year's GPA Awards Dinner will include dinner and a live video presentation celebrating our winners. The ticket table opens at 5:30 pm, with the dinner beginning promptly at 6:00 pm. Please arrive on time to ensure you have a seat before dinner begins. Guest meals must be purchased in advance, online or at the NATOA registration desk. Cocktail attire suggested.
Casual business attire is suggested for the conference sessions. Because the temperature in hotels always varies, some may want a light sweater for sessions in air-conditioned ballrooms. Casual attire and comfortable shoes suggested for the Lucky Strike reception. Socks are required for bowling.
Food Allergies and Dietary Needs:
It is very important that you have notified NATOA Staff in advance of any dietary concerns or food allergies you may have so that we may work with the hotel to accommodate your needs. We work very hard to ensure that everyone is able to participate in all food functions, but we must have advance notice so that the hotel is prepared. If you have not already notified us of any special needs, please contact Jennifer Harman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already made arrangements with NATOA Staff, be sure to introduce yourself to the Sheraton Banquet Staff and let them know you require a special meal. They will be able to assist you and bring you the food they have prepared.
Denver weather can be unpredictable. The current forecast is looking warm with forecasted daily high temperatures in the low 80's and lows in the low 60's. Rain possible throughout the week. Please check the internet for weather changes before you travel.
Complimentary WiFi is inclueded in your sleeping rooms as part of the NATOA room rate.
Complimentary WiFi will be available in all meetings rooms. Network: MarriottBonvoy_Conference; Password: natoa22
This information can be found on the front cover of your conference program.
Posting to Social Media during the conference? Be sure to use #NATOA22
NATOA Headquarters Staff:
NATOA Staff will be available at the Sheraton throughout the conference to assist with conference related needs. You can reach us through the NATOA Registration Desk.
All non-conference business and operations are suspended during the conference, and the headquarters offices in Virginia are closed. Should you have an issue that is not conference related for which you require assistance, we will be happy to assist you upon our return.