Capital Projects Coordinator - James City County, VA
Capital Projects Coordinator (Limited Term)
James City County’s General Services and Information Resources Management Departments seek an individual to perform advanced professional work managing and overseeing technology focused construction projects. Individual will oversee the construction of underground utility infrastructure and perform project management duties for the selection and implementation of communications systems.
- Manages assigned capital construction projects from original concept and budgeting through implementation.
- Develops detailed and accurate work plans, schedules and project budgets and status reports.
- Coordinates the consulting engineering and architectural firms performing planning, design or construction administration on projects.
- Assures that plans and projects meet applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assures that total project costs and time remain within budget and scope.
- This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or related field; considerable experience as a professional designer or construction project manager, and in contract administration or construction supervision; Virginia Professional Engineer License preferred.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Knowledge of modern principles, theory, practices, and methods of engineering/architectural design, construction practices, scheduling, project estimation techniques, project management, budget planning and related building and site development principles; considerable knowledge of institutional, commercial and industrial design and construction techniques to include facility construction, public infrastructure and stormwater management facilities.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with public agencies or officials, citizens, designers and persons within the construction community; maintain effective working relationships with public officials, designers, citizens, contractors, etc.; plan, develop, direct and supervise multiple diverse and complex projects simultaneously, at various stages of completion; plan, coordinate and supervise the technical work of various consultants; understand complex technical issues related to civil engineering design and read and interpret applicable codes, standards or specifications; understand, prepare and interpret plans, specifications, diagrams, blueprints or drawings and compare them with actual work performed; communicate ideas or technical issues both orally and in writing.
The “limited term” is based on future funding for the position (currently funded for the next few years).
For a complete job description, click here
Apply online, click here